The Monster Taco is a taco sold at Jack in the Box. It is a larger version of the regular taco and seen as the successor to the Super Taco.
It was discontinued in 2009 due to underwhelming sales, then later brought back in October 2013 after "loyal fans howled" for its return.
Its name is similar to the Monster Burger, which was discontinued due to its role in the 1993 E. coli outbreak.
The Monster Taco is a "monster-sized" hard shell taco with ground beef filling, two slices of American cheese, shredded lettuce, and taco sauce.
- Bacon Ranch Monster Taco - A Monster Taco with sliced bacon and buttermilk ranch sauce, added in June 2014.
- Breakfast Monster Taco - A breakfast version of the Monster Taco topped with scrambled eggs.
- Nacho Monster Taco - A Monster Taco topped with sliced jalapenos and nacho cheese sauce, added in June 2014.
- ↑ Yahoo Answers
- ↑ How I stopped worrying and learned to love the jack in the box regular taco. The Great Taco Hunt.
- ↑ Monster Taco from Jack in the Box is Back. GrubGrade.
- ↑ Press release (PDF)
- ↑ Jack In The Box | Monster Taco™