Frings were a combination of onion rings and french fries served in the same bag or carton. They were introduced in 1979 and discontinued shortly thereafter in the early 1980s.
Jack in the Box 's corporate website says they've "gone the way of mood rings and shag carpeting," making a reintroduction unlikely. While they are generally considered a flop, they still appear to hold some cult appeal.
In popular cultureEdit
- It is possible the Breaking Bad character Gus Fring was named after Frings.
- ↑ Food of the Eighties, Jack in the Boxes' Frings. Inthe80s.com.
- ↑ The Greatest Limited-Run Fast Food Items of All Time. Complex.
- ↑ Products & Promotions Facts. Jack In The Box Inc.
- ↑ We're Not Lovin' It! Fast Food's Most Famous Flops. Delish.com.
- ↑ Frings (French Fries + Onion Rings). The Big Apple.
- ↑ Frings | Burger King Secret Menu. #HackTheMenu.